Home About Contact FAQs Help & Tips
Hello Guest Login
Check Validation

Vehicle License

Every vehicle registered in Nigeria must be taxed if used or kept on a public road. If the vehicle is kept off-road it must either be taxed or have a VOPRN (Vehicle off Public Road Notice) in force. If not it could be wheel clamped or removed.  Before you can obtain a vehicle license (vehicle tax) you must first have MOT test of your vehicle and have a suitable insurance cover in place.

The wrong insurance cover, an overdue MOT, insurance certificates that are incorrect, misplaced or late arriving, these can all stop you from taxing your vehicle on time. Your vehicle tax information is registered on our database.You must inform VIODVLA if you sell, transfer, scrap or export your vehicle, otherwise you will continue to be responsible for taxing it even though you no longer have it.

Complete the appropriate section of your registration certificate and send to: 

VIODVLA, Ogun State House, Plot 74, 4th Avenue,  Ralph Sodeinde Street Central Business District, P.O Box 7253 Wuse Zone 3 Abuja. 

You should receive an acknowledgement letter within four weeks, which you should keep as proof that VIODVLA records have been updated. Contact VIODVLA customer enquires if you don't receive it.