Home About Contact FAQs Help & Tips
Hello Guest Login
Check Validation

Vehicle Insurance

Your vehicle you must have suitable insurance cover and MOT test certificate before you can get the vehicle license (Vehicle tax).  The wrong insurance cover, an overdue MOT, insurance certificates that are incorrect, misplaced or late arriving, these can all stop you from taxing your vehicle on time.

Insurance cover needed to tax your vehicleIn order to tax your vehicle, you must have insurance cover that:covers you against third party claims for death or injury and damage to property caused by using the vehiclecovers your use of the vehicle for taxing purposesis valid on the day the tax disc comes into forceThe insurance policy for your vehicle may allow you to drive any other vehicle with the owner's permission. However, your policy can't be used as evidence of suitable insurance to tax any other vehicle.If your insurance cover for taxing purposes isn't clear, you may need to provide additional evidence. Please contact your insurance company for advice. Insurance certificates and cover notesThese are usually a printed or laser-printed document, or a plastic credit card style document.

The following documents aren't acceptable:policy schedulerenewal noticereceipt for paymentamended certificate or cover note - unless stamped or initialled by the insurer‘legal protection’ policy certificatesforeign certificatesphotocopies or faxesinsurance certificates downloaded directly from the internet by the policy holderGreen Card (International Motor Insurance Card)

Lost, stolen or damaged insurance certificate Get a duplicate insurance certificate or cover note from your insurance company.